Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Changes

I tell you there is nothing that screams I need a fresh start like changing your appearance. All winter I have been growing out my hair and I had every intention to keep growing it. Then a few really significant things happened in my life this past week and I needed to just do something, anything! You know how that goes. In the past if I was upset or felt bad I would go buy something (as long as it was reasonably price and stayed within my budget and was actually an item that I could use)...OK so I never said I was a crazy impulse shopper. Lol!

So since shopping was out of the question I decided on a hair cut. Half my peops voted for long and the rest went with short. I struggled with the decision for days. Long, short, trim, cut???? What to do? I mean a haircut is a big deal. Life changing! Well for me anyways, I only get about 2 a year. So about ten minutes before my appointment, I decided I was going to go short. Why not? It's hair, it grows.Right?

So I did it. Jason chopped it all and I watched as dark ringlets of hair tumbled to the ground...goodbye hair. I stared in the mirror and I thought boy, I sure hope that the 'after' is better than the 'before'.

Well, it turned out a little sassy and some people said it made me look younger (Thank you Lord!) and even though it was a tough decision and I wasn't sure if I would have to break out my wig for a few months (yes I own a wig), I did it!!!! And I thought, the new hair is definitely representative of some other changes I need to make. Change can be scary at first like some of the changes I am making in my life. I thought they would be awful and hard but now I can see that they possibly will work out for good.

God has a way of doing that for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. There's a promise that definitely makes the cut! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom