Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

You Know You're In Love When...

So, here's the thing about being in love, almost everything else comes in as the runner up, which explains why I haven't been blogging although if I published the journal I have kept over the last 4 months I could quite possibly make a mint. Lol!

The truth is friends, I have been enjoying this season of my life. Every day I keep getting blown away by the sheer goodness of God and being able to be in this place. It is better than I ever imagined and I wonder some days if it's a dream and I'm going to wake up but thankfully that's not the case and my Joe reminds me of that everyday.

However I wanted to share some things that I've discovered over the recent months about being in love that I thought you would find interesting and I again do ask for your forgiveness for not writing more, I've missed it and missed all of you so you will be hearing from me a lot more. Well, are you ready? Sweet...

You know you're in love when...

1) You find yourself shaving your legs and armpits every other day(forget that once a month deal that single women have gotten away with forever even though they are still buried under layers of clothing in Western NY)

2) You suddenly become more fashion conscious(bye bye trips to Wally World in my PJs)

3) You see beauty and the positive side of everything and everyone (I mean so what if you have to wait in a line at Tim Horton's for half hour for your one cup of coffee while the person in front of you obviously woke up on the wrong side of the bagel-after all you're with the one you love)

4) You discover new talents like things you can do with one hand
(such as drive, eat, worship, text, walk, shop, hike, read, cook, set up furniture, clean, play games etc. because your other one is holding your sweetheart's)

5) You invent a whole new set of goofy expressions and silly grins
(and not because you secretly pass gas like babies do)

6) You suddenly want to spend every waking moment with that person
(talk about needing a planner like never before if you ever want to remember who all the other people you love are)

7) You miss that person like crazy and you've only been separated for five minutes
(trust me saying goodbye is so over rated)

8) You are no longer the most important person in your own life
(miracles start happening because your goals change to making someone else completely happy)
9) You wonder what you did before this time and you can't wait for the rest of your life to unfold >(Carpe Diem baby!)

10) You find yourself searching for video games, purchasing video games, playing video games, listening to video game victories and stories about video game strategies
(and you had zero interest in video games prior to this relationship)

11) PDA is no longer an urban legend
:)

12) You are blown away every day by the reality of what God's love is because you experience a glimpse of it through your honey
(That amazing unconditional, love you no matter what, do anything for you, full of grace, belief that you can do anything, be by your side through anything, thinks you are the most beautiful thing in the world, will protect you till the end of time, will always think the best of you, will never tear you down, will forgive you over and over and over kind of love)

I'm sure there is so much more I can say here but the bottom line is that it has been incredible to see the give and take of love. I mean it's a remarkable concept for all kinds of relationships - doing what's best for the other person. Sheesh! Is that what God meant when He said "Love your neighbor as yourself?" :)

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this and so true!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's about time for an updated post;) I am so happy for you!!! Your an amazing woman of God and He has such awesome things in store for you. I can wait to see what all He has up His sleeve:)
    Love you Chief

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, indeed. Love is living for the good of others. So happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom