Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Jars of Clay

I'm sure that you have heard of Susan Boyle. The country bumpkin turned superstar after being on Britain's Got Talent. Well every single time I see her story I cry. (I am sorry to say that I have seen it many times and I still cry)' There is something that causes us all to be excited when the underdog rises up. It says that life is about second chances. It says that everyone has something to offer no matter what they look like or sound like or where they are from. It is truly inspiring.

On Wednesday I get the opportunity to speak to the teenagers and I plan on showing them the Susan Boyle video and talking about how the inside matters. The Word talks about us being mere jars of clay but the treasure on the inside of us is so incredible it makes us stop in our tracks. I mean I get overwhelmed with the fact that the Creator of the Universe sees it fit to reside in my heart. Me. Dust. Nothing much. Yet here I am with the answer that the world is searching for, right inside of me.

I'd say that was something pretty special. But how am I handling this awesome treasure? This gift of salvation that God has given to me to be shared with others. Some days seem better than others. Some days I leap out of bed ready to tell everyone I meet about Jesus but then I let the troubles of the day seep in and sometimes I get so caught up in my own life situation that I miss the amazing opportunities that come my way.

I have come to the conclusion all over again that I can't be so concerned about the outward things when God looks at the heart. Sometimes I just get so busy with life that I forget to live. I was made to worship. As long as I am here I am compelled to share the treasure inside me with others. Susan Boyle spent her whole life in a shell, until she decided to lay it all down and it was her moment. I want to experience that more. To wake up each day and lay it all down before God and let Him have His moment in and through me. Don't you? How awesome that would be. Here's the link to see Susan's first performance. My friend has already threatened to hurt me if I cry again on Wednesday night when I show it to the teens. Hey, I can't help it. I see myself and every person who has ever dreamed of doing something greater in her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

1 comment:

  1. Dare to DREAM. What we do or don't do is linked to what's on the inside. Right on Miranda!

    ReplyDelete

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom