Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Preventative Medicine

A couple weeks ago, I went in for a routine (way over due) cleaning. While there I had some x-rays done. Normally there is not a problem but this time my dentist himself comes in and sits down and began talking in his serious voice. Apparently the x-rays revealed the forming of 2 cavities (too much coffee?). Anyways he believes in preventative medicine and so scheduled 2 more visits to get them taken care off early before they become a problem.

I had my first follow up visit earlier this week and aside from the fact that I nearly starved to death since I couldn't eat until the numbness wore off, (try 3 o'clock in the afternoon!!!), it turned out to be okay. Although I vow to never go to get a cavity filled on an empty stomach again. However in the last couple days I've had aches creeping back in so I am anxious to go back and get the other one taken care off so that hopefully I will be pain free.

In thinking it over I realized that my dentist was onto something much bigger. He saw a problem developing and immediately wanted to get it taken care off. He didn't suggest we wait for a few months to see if it gets better first.

I thought about that and how much it said about our spiritual lives. I mean let's face it, as long as we live on this earth we will have trials, tribulations and temptations. The enemy constantly throws things at us to test our resilience. But do we practice 'preventative medicine'? When we see an area of concern in our walk with Christ, do we address the problem now or do we wait till it festers? See there are things in our lives that can creep in. Perhaps it's being so busy that you aren't spending enough time in His Word or His presence, then before you know it you begin to compromise and make excuses. The truth is if we can recognize when we are slipping up and address the problem before it is out of control we will probably spend more of our lives pleasing God and changing lives than wasting it on regrets and what ifs.

So practicing preventative medicine in our Christian walks, definitely a good idea...just saying :)

2 comments:

  1. Miranda It's as though you were in my head when I scrolled down!!Really enjoyed your"just sayin"Lol!I wonder how much time I've wasted on recapturing ground I've neglected or lost over the years?You did provoke much thought on my part.And your blog usually does!For this I thank you..you're never too old...Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Grandma Rosemarie. I was hoping to provoke thoughts so I'm glad that I accomplish that. Thanks for reading. You are always such an encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom