Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Monday, January 3, 2011

11 Things To Do In 2011

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

I am keeping those 2 verses in mind this year as I set these goals. I believe it is good to make plans and look ahead (after all without a vision the people perish), but God's plans are greater than mine and so I share my list with you so you can know some of my heart's desires but with the understanding that this year I will yield my own plans as much as possible in light of a glimpse of His, which I know is far better. This is not an easy task...the laying down of your own will for His, the whole dying to self thing...always a challenge.

The thing I like about making the list is that I challenge myself. I know that it is easy to become complacent, apathetic, stuck in a rut, doing the same thing day after day. I long for change, I long for growth and challenges, I long to discover all that our great God has for me and those around me. Don't you?

Go ahead make your own list, it doesn't have to be 11 things but maybe 1 or 2. Something that you have been hoping to do but everything else gets in the way and you keep putting it off, it can be as simple as reading a one of the classics to as grand as organizing a fund-raiser for families in need. Whatever it is, I believe God puts dreams in our hearts. So live out loud...

And the list...

1. Make the most of every opportunity...loving God and loving people
2. Finish writing book or books
3. Write more blogs, dramas etc.
4. Graduate NYIP and work on being a better photographer
5. Work on degree
6. Get involved in women's ministry again and host a local women's conference
7. Read at least one book a month (borrowed this from my friend Lori-I liked the idea :)
8. Travel to a place I've never been
9. Work on being debt-free
10. Mission trip
11. Try something new


So there it is, there are some big things on there and some not so big things but the bottom line is nothing is impossible with God and I am excited to see what the year will bring.

Talk to you soon...hugs to all :)

1 comment:

  1. :) Enjoyed the list...but especially your thoughts prior to your list...

    ReplyDelete

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom