Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Monday, February 1, 2010

To Save a Life

Matthew West wrote a song and the lyrics go like this;
"I don't wanna go through the motions,
I don't wanna go one more day,
without Your all consuming,
passion inside of me;
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking,
what if I had given everything,
instead of going through the motions?"

I think those words are so powerful. The last couple weeks we took some of the teens to see the movie To Save a Life. Great movie, totally check it out if you can. Now playing in Wellsville, NY. It was a movie that made me think. In it this young man kills himself because he felt he had no hope. If someone had paid attention to him, would it have made a difference? Well his life changes the life of the movie's main character who stops thinking about only himself and decides to make a difference.
It made me think about how I treat the people around me. Is there a life that I could be making a difference in but I'm so caught up in my own little world that I fail to see it? I want to see people from God's perspective. You know Jesus looked at the people and had great compassion on them. I am ashamed to say, I don't always have that kind of compassion. Actually I can get irritated and irrational really quickly. (You know you are in that boat too.) But if I saw people through the all consuming passion of Christ, would it change my life? Would it change someone else' life? I don't know for sure but I think it would. I get tired of the same old routine all the time, don't you? At the end of my life I don't want to wonder whether I gave it my all or not. We can go through this life and have all the success, money, fame, talent etc. but if we don't pour into people what good is any of it? Live life...make a difference.

1 comment:

  1. i need a box that's says so true or i agree. ;) for the past year since being in vietnam, a line from max lucado's challenging us not to be "half living". This movie was basically saying the same thing. Really made me think!
    Hope to get the movie and show it to our whole youth group! :)

    ReplyDelete

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom