Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

A few of my favorite things?

It is interesting to me how a person's perspective can change based on their circumstances. Follow me for a minute and you'll see what I mean. For instance when American Idol first came out I thought it was just another silly reality show until I sat in on an episode with the rest of my family and just enjoyed the time we spent together. Since then AI has been a family tradition to watch together, we never miss it. Then last summer I met this cute guy who was into SciFi, something I never really cared for I must admit, but for some reason I found myself happily listening to the soundtrack of Battlestar Galactica...don't ask!
But here's the real kicker, I grew up on an island where cats are not the favorite creatures by a long shot. Already having a birthright of hating them I made the mistake of reading Stephen King's Pet Cemetery (pre-Christian days) and whatever dislike I had of felines was only deepened. For all you cat-lovers I must apologize but I couldn't stand to be around the critters. Then I met Baby. Yep. I first met Baby while visiting my best friend about a year ago (it's her cat, so I blame her!)I was deathly afraid of the cat as she lurked around making meowing sounds and staring at me. Then last summer she brushed up against me and I ventured to pet her. Interestingly she didn't feel slimy like I thought surely all creatures of the deep such as cats must feel. She was actually soft and fat and warm. Hmmm! Well these encounters with the cat progressed until last night when she decided that hopping up onto the couch with me was ok so she did. So I found myself in a place I never thought I would ever be, hanging out with a cat beside me and get this, not even minding it. Yikes!
So, of course there is a lesson here right? Something that God is trying to show me? Perhaps it wasn't American Idol, SciFi or Baby that were the real focuses here but maybe the fact that they were all things that people I care deeply about loved and eventually I grew to like (let's not get too carried away with the love bit just yet...there is still a cat involved) :o) For what it's worth, I think I better understand why God would care about the things that we care about, why He would be interested in our lives and want to be a part of all of it, our interests, our loves, our hobbies, our ups and our downs, our triumphs and our failures...simply because He loves us. I could definitely live with that.

1 comment:

  1. Cat's suck:) and no animal should be in the house they belong outside.

    ReplyDelete

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom