Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Monday, April 26, 2010

You

Yesterday, I had the honor of doing a spoken word at church. The poem was written by Amena Brown and I heard it many years ago at a One Day conference. It was one of those things that stuck with me though. It was so powerful and refreshing and sums up exactly how I feel about our great and awesome God. I have written a lot of poems in my life and even ones similar to this, but Amena's version is certainly one of my favorite expressions of all times.

When I first thought of doing it, I thought golly that's a lot to memorize when it's written by someone else. But as I began to meditate on it, I knew these words were the very expression of my own heart and I have cried out to God on so many occasions using many of them. My favorite part is the offering of all that I am for God to "O God search me, know me, see me, examine me, test me, watch me, investigate me, question me, be pleased with me, have me, change me, sustain me, decrease me, decrease me, decrease me..." I think what if that were truly the cry of all God's people? Less of me and more of Him. How much more love, kindness, forgiveness and grace would fill our churches and flood our streets and overflow into our cities? If only we could strive for that every day.

Lots of people wanted a copy of it so I am posting the words here. I hope they inspire you as much as they have and continue to inspire me.

You by Amena Brown

You find me, when I’m hiding behind all my disguises You see me
It takes you to keep me breathing, You are heart, passion, vision
You send me and bring me close, close, close, so close until when you look at me You see You
You are heavenly, my present and future destiny
You are Father, Creator, Sustainer, Life Changer, Pride Breaker
You are the same yesterday, now and forever.
You are pleasure, worth, reason, present in every season
You are worship, devotion, You are the reason for all my commotion
You are the One that I pray to
You can tell that I’m nothing without You
So awesome that I can even pray to You, about You, to know You, to sense You
To believe you more, to love You more, to obey You more, to give You more of my heart
O God search me, know me, see me, examine me, test me, watch me, investigate me, question me, be pleased with me, have me, change me, sustain me, decrease me, decrease me, decrease me
Until there is no me left only You, only You,
Only You are light, are true, are You, our hope, our joy, our strength, our escape, rescue, safe
You are peace, You are belief You are advance and retreat
Of what, to what, to whom can I compare You, you are my all things new
You are my place of refuge, my fortress, my rest, my creativity in the strength of Your words to me
You are my ability to see, hear, feel, move, live, breathe, be
You are life and death all at the same time
You are friend, believer, Savior, Redeemer
You are the truth
You transcend old age and youth
You are timeless, priceless, lightness in darkness, greatness, goodness, sinless
And in a mess like my life, You see righteousness
In fact You leave me speechless
You alone are God.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever do this at Living Waters? For some reason I thought you might have. I remember hearing this at One Day. I'm sure you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I did. We heard it when we went to the One Day conference in TX and I did it shortly after that. I love it and was excited to do it at Southside. A lot of people were blessed by it so in turn I was blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom