Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Friday, April 9, 2010

Austin

So last weekend I went to Austin, TX. I had a great time just checking out the place. It was surprising. I never envisioned that much green in Texas.

Highlights? Let's see, got to meet my friend's family including her nieces and nephews who were great kids. Visited the Austin Botanical Gardens where I was captivated by the Rose Garden. So many gorgeous roses in one area. Toured downtown Austin a bit which is surprisingly easy to get around, loved that they had real parking (aside from garages), like on the street parking with meters, you hardly ever see that in big cities.

Checked out the University of Texas which was like a city in itself. Home to 50,000 students. Incredible! Visited world the world famous Congress Ave Bat Bridge where we witnessed the launch of 1.5 million Mexican Bats. Creepy! Went to Zilker Park and tried to visit a sculpture park but it was too close to closing time :(

Climbed Mt Bonnel and experienced one of the most incredible views of my life. Toured the State Capitol and got a picture with a real Texas Ranger (for the eyes of the Ranger are upon us...) no not Chuck Norris :( Saw a great Easter musical at Gateway Community Church. Took the girls to the dollar theater and saw Dear John. OK, but a bit disappointing in the end. Finally went to a softball game and near froze in the cooling evening breeze.

But undoubtedly one of the greatest things about Austin was the food. Real Mexican (although Don Lucho's can give them a run for their pesos). Texas BBQ where I tried brisket for the first time. MmmMmm good stuff! Homemade Pierogies and what seems like gallons of sweet tea was added to the list. But my favorite was Korean, eaten in a little cafeteria off the side of an Oriental Market. Yumm!

In a nutshell that was my Austin trip. Gosh it's so much fun visiting new places and meeting new faces, but where does the time go? It's over before you know it. Hopefully I will be going somewhere else really soon. I have been bit by the travel bug yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom