Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 Days of Christmas

Christmas is full of special times, great memories and heart warming traditions. This year is a little different as Joe and I have begun our own family. It means in addition to treasured time with family and friends, we have the opportunity to begin new traditions and build our own family memories. It's exciting!

I love hearing about how Joseph celebrated Christmas and then combining the things that we both love about the holidays. This year he told me how their family put out their nativity set but kept baby Jesus hidden until Christmas morning. My family never did that but I thought it was pretty cool so it is now part of our new Christmas Traditions. My family always decorated for Christmas with balloons and I think my darling husband thought it was a little weird but when we put the balloons up this year I think he really liked them. I love the blending of not only 2 lives but 2 cultures. I feel so blessed.

Well, since we both love Christmas we decided to make every moment count so we came up with a plan to celebrate our countdown to Christmas beginning today and here it is, our own 12 day countdown.

12 Days of Christmas

Day 1. Go light hunting
Day 2. Watch fave christmas movies
Day 3. Visit friends
Day 4. Play board games
Day 5. Ministry night. Make something for the neighbors and friends
Day 6. Christmas date night
Day 7. Make each other a card or gift
Day 8. Christmas shopping
Day 9. Make and decorate cookies
Day 10. Go on an out of town Christmas adventure
Day 11. Christmas Tree Party
Day 12. Church and family

Not sure if we will switch things up depending on how we feel, the weather (if we get snow I want to build my first snowman) or other opportunities that may arise. Either way, we are gonna make this season fun and enjoy each other and the people we love. Above all that we are gonna give God the glory for it is a season to remember the great gift of our Savior, who makes this all possible. :)


1 comment:

  1. I think big J'd definitely turn up his nose at the ballloon tradition (yup, his reaction was "ahh-HUMmm.. BallOONS? (I used capitals to emphasise his emphasis ;-) ) that's not really CHRISTMASsy is it?"
    Good luck with your first 12 days :-)

    ReplyDelete

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom