Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Marriage Adventure

I can't lie, it feels like my honey and I are still on our honeymoon high from Disney World. Can you blame us? That place was magical. Funny how that was the place I wanted to honeymoon at when I was a little girl. I mean dinner at Cinderella's castle, front row seats for the wishes fireworks show, soaring over the world, boat rides, dinner in Paris, space exploration, a safari adventure...if you haven't been to Disney...what are you waiting for? Anyways, truth be told it was an amazing time and even though the vacation is over, the honeymoon is just beginning :)

The first few months of married life is an adventure. Call it a season of surprise and glorious disbelief. For instance I was surprised when I discovered boxers in my laundry for the first time and realized they belonged to my husband. Lol! They made me giggle like a school girl with a secret crush. Well to be completely honest it was still surprising that I had added trips to the laundry mat to my weekly itinerary. Gone were the glorious days of laundry fairies...I'm still mourning that loss by the way. :(

Getting married is big. You spend a major portion of your adult life dreaming about it then one day you wake up with a gorgeous, snoring man next to you and a ring on your finger and you think "I'm married!" There are a lot of changes. The life that was mine (to a degree) no longer belongs to me (Pastor Dave warned me about this). Well actually God's Word is pretty clear about stripping away selfishness and becoming one. That sentiment is wonderfully epic and newlyweds can't wait to embrace the ideal but the reality is that human nature is pretty selfish. In addition to that comes the bonus of the self absorbed and self focused society that we live in. To sum it up, a successful marriage takes going against the flow, hard work, lots of love and a continuous flood of forgiveness.

Believe me I am just starting on this journey and I have far to go but I already recognize how important these things are if our marriage is going to be extraordinary. Joe and I have already encountered many challenges in our short time together but by the grace of God we get through them and grow more in love every day. There is something that takes place when you love someone so much and desire to see them happy, it should drive you to sacrifice your own needs so theirs could be met. Oh but hold on now, here's the wonder in that: when both people try to bring joy to the other and take care of them, both wind up with their needs met, their joy overflowing and a marriage that's full of passion.

If the flames of your marriage are burning bright, praise God! If not...what can you do today to stoke the fire?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom