Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Believe it or not!

So have you ever prayed for something and then were surprised when you got it? Happens to me all the time I'm afraid. I pray for a situation to work out and then when it does I'm blown away. I could pray for someone to be healed and then it's almost a surprise when they are. I pray for God's will to be done and then barely recognize when it happens. Maybe it's just me!

The truth is I pray completely believing God at the moment and then don't always acknowledge or recognize His hand. For the last couple months I had to work at the drive through location of our bank and I have to admit I was kind of dreading it. So I prayed for a better attitude and that my time there would be productive etc. Well lo and behold I have one more week left in this rotation and I am now on the opposite side of the spectrum. I am actually totally sad to leave. I absolutely loved working there. I think I really appreciated not working between 2 branches every day and that might have played a significant role.

But the feeling of loss completely caught me off guard even though that's what I prayed for!!! God somewhere along the way changed my heart from it being something that I had to do to something that I not only wanted to do but enjoyed as well. So awesome how He does that. Makes the verse that says how He sings all around us while we are unaware come to life.

1 comment:

  1. It was a good trip! :) I could go for some Korean again. Have to find some recipes girl!

    ReplyDelete

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom