Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Got chocolate?

Now I'm not sure why chocolate has become a universal symbol of wonderful but it's one of the few food groups (yes I said food groups), that brings such joy and comfort to a person's very soul. I mean if I'm happy, I can use it to celebrate, if I'm sad, it makes me feel glad, if I'm worried it helps ease my mind, if I feel miserable it brings me comfort, if I'm sick it makes me feel better and if I'm angry it takes away my frustrations. For this reason I am therefore thoroughly convinced that chocolate will be in heaven for all the good it does. So you can understand how a girl such as myself might feel slightly threatened when she sees her chocolate slowly disappearing before her very eyes. That is what happened last night, as I was working on the computer my brother whom I love dearly wandered in to visit me and proceeded to 'borrow' from my box of chocolates until low and behold there was one left and it had a bite in it. Well you know the average person would have been upset and just let him finish it off, but I sure never claimed to be average so I stuffed that half eaten piece of chocolate in my mouth as fast as I could for fear of him getting to it. Now I'd like to say there was a great spiritual lesson to be learned like perhaps 'guard your chocolate for it is the wellspring of life'...nope that's your heart...sheesh! I guess just guard your chocolate...period! Well maybe no great lesson, but my bro and I did have fun chilling for a bit so I suppose that chocolate lived up to its reputation...it is wonderful! :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Miranda. I'm so glad you started a blog! I can't wait to keep reading. I have a blog too if you want to check it out. I've had it since around 2007, I try to post regularly but, sometimes I don't. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome, I will check it out definitely. Thanks for reading mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe your love for chocolate is why your my friend! haha! :) I saw the empty box of all the chocolate you ate! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate... Oh Sweet chocolate! Now what would you do if I carved your favorite picture in chocolate....????

    ReplyDelete

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom