Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tick Tock

I was sitting in a coffee shop catching up with a friend from High School last night. It was cold out but the atmosphere in the shop was warm and we were having so much fun. She brought her husband and two lovely boys with her whom I had never met, I brought one of my best friends and we got some great food and coffee and were all loving life. Now here's the thing, her husband acts like he has known me all my life and all that really means is that the sarcastic, cynical and deeply scathing remarks flow freely from him. Haha! Naturally as a single woman, all conversations with friends, family and random strangers lead to one place...men!
So my friend-in-law wasted no time in grilling me about my prospects, he had some advice for me (since being single naturally meant I needed help). He suggested that perhaps I should pick up a sport, (I could drop it once I have secured a man), maybe do some traveling, (try to stay away from farming communities or something like that), take a cruise (oh wait he said too much of the 'senior' population utilize cruises so scratch that), and how I needed to get out of the small town, make a move etc. etc. Then after feeling slightly slammed he said in all seriousness that God makes a way and His timing is perfect, He'll bring the right guy etc. etc. Sounds good right? Uplifting? Encouraging? You would think so until he said "but Miranda" and wagging his finger like a metronome, he continued "Tick...tock!" Wow!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Only God knows the future, so when he sees the time is right, he will work everything out accordingly. It doesn't even stop after you get the husband, because then everybody starts asking about the kids(people have asked me this too many times). Remember that God is in control and there is nothing wrong with being single until he is ready.

    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Natasha. Thanks for the encouragement. My friends totally understand that and were super encougaging. They just want me to be as happy as they are which is so understandable. It was actually the best laugh I had all week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. Sometimes it's just better to not say anything at all. :) I agree with Natasha. God is in control and you aim to please him with your whole heart and follow his will. Better to follow him wholeheartedly and be single than to be in a relationship that he has not ordained. You are an inspiration to many, Miranda. :)

    ReplyDelete

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom