Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Muscle Relaxers

Anyone ever used a muscle relaxer? They tend to do interesting things mainly making you relax so much so that you find yourself slipping into a sound restful sleep not too long after using it. The tensions you had suddenly slip away. I recently got a prescription for a muscle relaxer to help with some neck issues. The first question the doctor asked was whether I have been under a lot of stress, then he asked if I have had some injury. Interesting that the stress question came first. I mean why would I be stressed? With a full time job, school, recent and temporary health issues, church activities, family, friends, social activities and the looming prospect of my biological clock ticking away with no current prospects of slowing it down, I mean being stressed out is a ridiculous thought. Right? Right? Hmmm...Then I stop and hear these words "Be still and know that I am God" and these "Those who dwell in the secret place of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." I have to sometimes force myself to do this, but when I do it has the similar effect of a muscle relaxer. My whole being tends to slow down and a peace fills me and suddenly my issues seem small when I realize Who is taking care of them. So all I can say is when those moments come that overwhelm, be still...try the ultimate Relaxer.

1 comment:

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom