Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Men...

So I'm trying to understand the age old mystery of the differences between men and women(if anyone thinks they have an answer please share). You see being a single Christian woman is no easy task and men do not make it any easier. I wish they came with a manual. Let me fill you in.

Last summer I met this cute young man, full of ambition and a zest for life but not a zest for Jesus so it was see you later. If you think I asked the question "why Lord?" a hundred times you'd be wrong-it was definitely closer to two hundred. :)

Well didn't see or hear from this guy after we parted ways until a few weeks ago when one of my friends (who also knows him), and myself were out for a walk. Getting healthy and all that. So randomly we run into this old acquaintance who is super excited to see us and being his cute self certainly wasn't disappointing us in any way. We end up having coffee and catching up and he even made plans to take in a play.

Sounds good? Here's the conversation taking place in my head - Sure why not? He's such a great conversationalist. Who knows where he's at now? But he does still have the most amazing blue eyes ever. Was his relationship with the Lord any deeper? He must work out. Was he wearing a wedding band? His 2 puppies are pretty cute. Is it going to be awkward hanging out with him again? If only...

I should have saved myself the pain. Sheesh! Anyways for 3 weeks we are planning to go to this play with this guy (who invited us by the way), and even though we haven't heard from him we know he's pretty busy so we are fairly understanding. Now here my friends is the great divide that separates female-kind from man-kind. when we didn't here from him, my friend sent him a text the night before the play. He responded only that he was sorry he couldn't make it because he was doing some training for his job!!!!!!!!!Really???????? What just happened?????Was he not the one who invited us???????

I know there is a moral in this somewhere... but I am still stunned by the fact that he didn't even think to mention that he couldn't make it and thought it was no big deal. Common courtesy? Common sense? I know that all guys are not like that and I sure hope that God-fearing men aren't but all I can say for now is that when I do meet Mr. Right, he better know how to pick up the phone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom