Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Step 2- Stumbling Back into the World of Exercise

In continuing with the steps to a healthier life, I have come to the conclusion that turning 30 was a definite turning point...or a cruel joke. Either way something strange happened to my metabolism. People used to tell me that would happen when I crossed over the great chasm separating one's 30s and 20s and I laughed at them thinking what did these 'old' people know anyway? Well the joke is definitely on me. Today I was certainly I wishing that I hadn't taken my calorie burning, energy renewing, crazy metabolism days of my twenties for granted.

Snacking right has been a challenge but certainly worth it. So step 2 was to begin to get more physically in shape. For some strange reason with the slowing of the metabolism and the lack of exercise I have developed all sorts of...um...let's just say extra curves :)In an effort to tone up I decided to start walking. The last 4 days I have actually been able to get out and walk because we have had outstanding weather. I was doing ok covering mostly flat terrain. Until today...

I brought my sneakers to work and headed out after I ate my lunch to soak up some of the glorious sunshine and 60 degree weather. I decided to double what I walked yesterday (when I was in 4 inch heels) so I was feeling pretty good with plans to make a loop of 2 blocks instead of 1. I know, ambitious, that's just the kind of girl I am. Now, I am not a complainer but I want to know who put that hill in the middle of my loop? I mean halfway up the hill my thighs and calves were on fire and I thought if I don't make it, is my will in order?

Well with much pain I made it and I am still here. It was an accomplishment. The Word of God says "Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever." I have great respect for those who can push their bodies to become great at their game. I realize as much as we need exercise for the body we need spiritual exercise too. Lots of it to stay in shape for all that we face in our world today. Keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom