Welcome to my blog!

So the truth is that trying to survive in our world as a woman is hard enough at times but toss in some Christianity and you got yourself quite a challenge. My name is Miranda and welcome to my blog. I recently married the love of my life and went from the single life to the newly married adventure. I'm sure my upcoming writings will dive into this new and exciting stage of my life. Sometimes life is quite funny, sometimes it's downright entertaining, and sometimes it can get a little bit more serious. I love God and want to live a life that pleases him but that sometimes is easier said than done. :) So join me as I walk through the trials, struggles and joys of life when the only thing that works is a little chocolate and a lot of faith.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Healthy is a marathon not a sprint

So, earlier this year I came up with a list of 21 Things to do in 2010. I'll have to do a recap and a success update of that in a blog really soon. Well one of the goals on the list was to get healthy. Some of you may not know but I've had a few health issues for about a year now and I continue to trust God for my healing but I know it is necessary for us to do our part. We are surrounded by enticements to eat anything and everything, the temptation to stay on the couch and watch TV is strong especially during the winter (which lasts forever around here) and if you are not a snow lover (which I'm not-give me a beach any day) opportunities to get active are hard to come by in our busy lives.

Truth is every great journey begins with a single step. I can talk the talk but if I am not willing to put in the work to get where I need to be I'll be going nowhere fast. My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit after all and I have to be willing to honor that. Sheesh! it's not like I'm getting any younger. I remember being in my twenties and being able to eat anything and not work out and not put on a pound. That all changed when the #30 train pulled into the station. Now I realize that if I want to be healthy and fit it's on me.

But the leap from the couch to the gym isn't always easy. Then again no good thing ever comes without hard work. Right? Right? It takes more effort, more time and a bigger investment but the results are unparalleled.

So the journey begins and I am sure it will not be without its moments. And like any journey I think this should be done in steps. First challenge...Snack Right! Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Austin

Austin
Miranda Tom